Master of Chemistry
Head of the Chemistry Masters Study Program
Dr. Henry Setiayanto
NIP. 19730124 200812 1 002
The ITB Chemistry Masters Study Program was founded in 1980 and has been accredited A by BAN-PT. The vision of the Chemistry Masters Study Program is to become education provider master degree in chemistry that relies on recent developments in chemistry, thus becoming reference for society scientific in a manner national nor international. In addition, the Chemistry Masters Study Program also acts as an initiator in the development of chemistry and its applications which are oriented towards the utilization of Indonesia's natural resources in the context of improving the nation's welfare.
Fast Track Program
Undergraduate Program Student Honors Chemistry ITB takes part of the Masters course credits in the fourth year so that it can complete the Masters program in one year.
Fast track masters student (fast track) who pass the selection can do research for 6 months at the Zernike Institute for Advances Materials, University of Groningen, The Netherlands. This program has been running since 2007 and has produced more than 20 Master of Chemistry graduates who work in the industrial sector or continue their studies at domestic and foreign universities.
Double Degree Program
Students can earn Masters degrees from ITB and Masters degrees from the University of Twente or selected universities in France within 2 years. This program has been going on since 2008 and has produced 15 graduates who work in the industrial sector or continue their studies at domestic and foreign universities.
The ITB Chemistry Masters Program curriculum includes a minimum 36 credits consisting of 12 credits of compulsory courses, 12 credits of elective courses, And 12 research credits with a two-year study period. At the end of the education period, student research results are written in the form of a thesis and communicated in the form of seminars and scientific publications.
The ITB Chemistry Masters Program has five subprograms, each of which specializes in one area of chemistry, namely:
- Analytical Chemistry focuses on separation and speciation, electrometry and chemical applications in the environmental and industrial fields.
- Physical Chemistry which covers structure, energetics and chemical dynamics, as well as applied aspects in materials chemistry such as polymers, membranes and ceramics.
- Inorganic Chemistry which covers fundamental aspects to understand the structure, physical properties and reactivity of inorganic compounds, synthesis and characterization of inorganic solids and coordination compounds.
- Organic Chemistry studying the synthesis, structure and chemical properties of organic compounds and their applications in various fields including medicine, catalysis, food, corrosion, and solar cells.
- Biochemistry study the structure and function of cell components, cell metabolism and chemical processes related to enzymes and genetic information.
You can see a list of the ITB Chemistry Masters stage curriculum here.